Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Lebowski in my future...



This is my cover illustration for Cathleen Falsani's book due out in the fall: "The Dude Abides: The Gospel According to the Coen Brothers." 
In the book Falsani, an award-winning religion columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times, examines  the Coen Brothers -- looking at how Ethan and Joel present existential and theological questions in their films. 
I'll be doing 14 black and white interior illustrations, one for each film, representing the good, the bad, and the ugly characters that inhabit the crazy worlds brought to life by these amazing auteurs. Those of you that know me know that this is a dream project. I did a series of Big Lebowski self-promo pieces a few years back which lead to doing this book. I'll be posting sketches of the work in progress. You can read more about the book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment